Thursday 13 August 2015

Cheesy Bacon Pineapple & Herb Muffins

After the first trial of the savory muffins, I decided to try another recipe again which I modified some changes. This is because I ran out of ham in my fridge so I substitute with bacon.
It was equally nice the second day. I packed some for my tea break at work on the second day. I love the pineapple that add into it and the chunky bacon. With the nice herbs aroma which makes my day.

INGREDIENTS FOR CHEESY BACON PINEAPPLE AND HERB MUFFINS

315g - All purpose flour (Plain flour)
4 tsp - Baking powder
1 tsp - Salt
125g (1 cup) - Grated cheddar ( I use about 3/4 cup)
200g - Chopped bacon
1 tablespoon - Caster Sugar
Some dried oregano and basil (depends your taste buds)
310ml (1 1/4 cup) - Milk
4 tablespoon (60g) - butter, melted (I use olive oil)
1 egg
400g - canned crushed pineapple, drained.
Some sunflower seeds 
Cheesy Bacon Pineapple & Herb Muffins
Cheesy Bacon Pineapple & Herb Muffins

METHOD FOR  CHEESY BACON PINEAPPLE AND HERB MUFFINS

1. Pre - heat the oven to 180C. Lightly greased muffin tray and set aside.
2. Sieve flour, baking powder and salt into in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add half of the cheese and all the ham, sugar, dried oregano and basil. Toss well to combine.
4. In another bowl, whisk together milk, oil and egg.
5. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and stir in milk mixture and pineapple until just combined. Do not over mix it.
6. Spoon mixture evenly into prepared muffin tray. Sprinkle remaining sunflower seeds and dried oregano and basil on top.
7. Bake at oven for 20 minutes or until cake tester came out clean. 
Cheesy Bacon Pineapple & Herb Muffins
Cheesy Bacon Pineapple & Herb Muffins
Cheesy Bacon Pineapple & Herb Muffin

No comments:

Post a Comment